Between poor quality ingredients, product recalls, and high prices, it’s obvious why people are deciding to make their own homemade dog gravy vs buying prepacked canned food that you can pull off of a shelf. From the time the cans are packaged to the time it reaches your dog’s bowl could easily be weeks if not months or longer. Homemade dog food is healthier for your pup, it’s fresher, it’s cheaper, and more-times-than-not, your dog will appreciate it much more than his normal canned dog food or his dry kibble. Best of all? It’s incredibly easy (and efficient) to make!
Most people are intimidated by the idea of making their own homemade food for their dog. We’re here to make this process easy for you so today we are going to be sharing our very own premium homemade chicken gravy recipe for your dog. It’s packed full of delicious and healthy natural ingredients, great nutrition, and it’s super cheap to make.
This homemade chicken gravy recipe for your dog is great as a standalone meal, or even as a healthy dog food topper. Need to spruce up your favorite canine’s dinner? Put a few scoops of this into a bowl, or drop a tablespoon of this on their main food serving and they will chomp it down happily!
Homemade Chicken Gravy for your Dog
- 4 oz Chicken liver drained
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Raw Carrot peeled
- 1/4 cup Raw Green Beans
- Combine the Chicken Liver, Chicken Bone Broth, Raw Carrot, and Raw Green Beans into a pot
- Simmer over low-medium heat for 30 minutes
- If you want to thicken it, you can add cornstarch here. For other options on thickening, see Note 2 below this recipe.
- Blend to the consistency your dog likes most for his homemade gravy. Blend less for chunkier gravy. Blend more for thinner gravy.
- Serve or store for later!