Dog’s are a lot like people. No two human personalities are the same, and no two dog personalities are the same. The same goes for their diets and nutrition. If you have a dog that has a grain allergy, or if you are just looking for a healthier snack for your canine, your furry friend is sure to love Momo’s Homemade Grain-Free Dog Cookie Recipe.
This homemade dog treat is easy to make, cooks very quickly, and will keep well in a Ziploc bag in your refrigerator for two to three weeks — so its easy to make a ton ahead of time. While we do recommend refrigerating these to make them last longer, you could also throw a bunch in a bag with a zip lid and feel safe taking them on overnight camping trips or other adventures with your furry friend without having to worry about them going bad.
Use this homemade grain free dog snack as a treat to reward good behavior, for special occasions, or just to show a little love. Beyond your dog thinking it’s delicious, it’s also nutritious and jam packed with essential nutrients like protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Because of the pumpkin puree’ it’s also full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron and Manganese — all essential vitamins and minerals for the development of a healthy and well balanced canine.
Momo’s Homemade Grain-Free Dog Cookies
- 2/3 cups Pumpkin puree No added sugar
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Smooth
- 2 cups Coconut flour Or more until it's not sticky
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Bacon grease
- Combine pumpkin puree, peanut butter, flour, and large egg together into a bowl
- Roll out dough until 1/4 inch thick
- Cut into desired shapes
- Brush melted bacon grease lightly onto exterior of cookies
- Bake @ 350 for 35 minutes-45 minutes depending on your dogs preferred level of crunch